Assessment.
This semester I started six different books. I finished 4 of them, and will continue on the Jimi Hendrix biography. I wish I had more time to read YAL but I was reading other things for other classes at the same time, as well as doing pleasure reading. I probably read more than a lot of the people in the class.
I really have trouble doing things I don't want to do, so I wasn't posting on D2L often at all.
The group work was very strange for our group. Megan G played tennis so she had very little time. Tamika dropped the class. Megan K did most of the work because of this. I helped her come up with the concepts of the things we were doing during class time. I was so impartial, and it seemed like they had everything covered. I didn't know everyone was going to make elaborate powerpoints. Is what my group did wrong? Just printouts and stuff. I still made a blog and did that.
I really enjoyed being able to go back and read the books that I never got to read of YAL that I wanted to when I was in high school. It was fun and I learned how full of wisdom YAL is. I wish I would have gotten a better grasp of different cultures of YAL. I stuck to mainly suburban stories. Buried was about a girl who lived in a trailer but it wasn't the city based living that the students in MPS will be able to best relate to. Luckily I'm not planning on being a teacher anymore. And if I do decide to change back to becomming a teacher I wont be in Milwaukee.
I'm going to use the list our class made for the next years while I search for more YAL titles.
No comments:
Post a Comment